Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Still Pregnant...

Here she is! Hard to believe she's almost here...

The plan is to call the hospital early tomorrow morning, and if they have "room" they'll take me. If all the beds are full, then we'll have to wait until later on Thursday or possibly even Friday. I'm really ok with that--I'm not feeling super anxious or anything. Don't get me wrong, I'm ready to meet this little one, but at this point, what's one more day?

My friend Shelia told me that June 1 would be a great birthday because it's 06/01/07 and 6+1=7. Then she said that the 31st would work too, because 5+3-1=7 also. She's a former math teacher and her mind just works like that. I'm game for whatever. :) I'm just glad to know she'll have a "cool" birthday.

It's amazing to me when you get this far along in your pregnancy how everyone wants to know what your body is doing. I know that is just part of it all, and it's really normally just women who want to know how much you are dialeted (2-3 cm) and effaced (50%), but it's kind of funny, isn't it? I'm mean, seriously, you would NEVER dream about discussing things like this with aquaintances unless you are about to give birth. People are asking Hubby about it also, which makes him a little uncomfortable. I believe his words were, "My wife's cervix is really none of their business." I laughed pretty hard at that...people are sweet and just want to know. I appreciate the sentiment.

At least I'm not getting comments daily from strangers on the street like Nancy is...you need to write some of those down, girl. (Didn't one guy point at you and nudge his wife as if to say, "Hey! Look at that!"

Ok, so I'm going to go pack my bags and run some last minute errands before tomorrow. I can't believe it's almost time...

Maybe we can post pictures from the hospital. I hear this new swanky one where I'm delivering has a wireless connection.

3 comments:

Sarah R. said...

Erika - You look terrific! Like you only gained in your tummy where the baby is. I am jealous.
:-)
This baby seems to have made me gain weight everywhere......
As for questions about dilation etc. - I remember feeling distinctly uncomfortable when people asked me that with Jeremiah but I guess once you have one it is not quite as uncomfortable.
Your in my thoughts and I can't wait to see what this little girl looks like.

Amy Ross said...

WOW!! You look great!! I still go crazy hearing about the births of little ones... I'll be stalking your blog to see all the details of your little girl's arrival!! You will definitely be in my prayers tomorrow...along with your boys and Mom (and Bryan too!). Oh, it makes me want to have another one...but then reality hits and I am not ready to have four!! Especially when my oldest isn't even five yet!!!
Rest well tonight! We'll be praying for you! Love, Amy for all her boys!

stephanie said...

I'm so glad you posted, I was wondering - assuming you had given birth. You look GREAT! We'll be checking for updates. And Pat will be calling later tonight to ask you personally about your cervix...hee, hee...just kidding...