Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Baby Update

Just wanted to let all of you know that I'm still pregnant. I'll be 39 weeks on Saturday...whew. Sometimes I feel like this pregnancy has gone by so fast, and other times I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER...(only 30 out of the last 48 months, but who's counting?)

I'm feeling good for the most part and, despite what the scale says, I'm not "huge." I mean, I'm big, but not like I was with pregnancy #1. My doctor is GREAT and is keeping an eye on this baby girl. I've had a biophysical profile every week since week 36, plus ultrasounds. She is measuring a little "small." Three weeks ago she was 5 lb, 12 oz according to the ultrasound measurements. I know for most people that is normal size, but with my history, that's little. ;) I don't mind, really. She can be a pipsqueak.

People keep saying, "Do you have a name yet?" They know I'm not going to tell, because we always keep it a secret, but they are just curious if we've decided or not yet. G Money has decided that her name will be Clarabel after the car Thomas the train pulls. I can tell you her name is NOT Clarabel. I hate to disappoint the little guy...so we've been working on it with him. We haven't decided for sure what her name is, so we've just decided to take the 4 or so names that we love to the hospital and decide then. We'll see what mood strikes. :)

Unless she comes before, we are scheduled for induction on Thursday the 31st!! HOORAY!! I happen to like being induced...I know it is different every time, but it has worked GREAT for my body the last 2 babies, so I'm happy to do it again. It's so nice to know my mom will already be here and the boys will be settled with her. Of course, I can only plan so much. I know God's plans are much, much bigger than my own. This baby might come on her own tomorrow. I don't know what I'd do...but we'd get through.

So, there's the update for all of you who want it. I'll get those nursery pictures up soon. It's still a work in progress...

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for the update! We think and pray for you often now! And Izz is tickled to have a second girl cousin soon! We love yall!

abigail said...

Thanks for updating us! I've been thinking a lot about you. Can't wait to "meet" this little girl!

Sarah R. said...

Thanks for the update Erika! I will pray for a good delivery and healthy baby and mama.
We are still stuck on names too - but we still have 3 months to go. We may have to do like you and meet this little one before giving him a name. Who knows?

Kelly said...

I also wanted to add that I agree with my nephew!! Clarabel is a wonderful, southern name! :) My vote is for CB (I know, I know- as if I get a vote) But we can always rag... i.e. Petey. :) Countdown-1week!! YEAH!

Bethany said...

Knox didn't have a name until the morning of the day he was born. Nothing wrong with waiting till the last minute.
Erika, Matt changed cell phones and we no longer have y'alls numbers. Would you email us with them so we can call. Thanks
redhome@aol.com

Amy Ross said...

Praying for you during these last days...Can't wait to meet the little Counts girl via blogger!