Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The work in progress...

Just a little update on my project. :)
I'm doing what the antique store friends told me to do, and it's a little scary!

Step one: wash furniture with the finest steel wool out there (0000) and mineral spirits

Let dry and watch the wood turn white. (the scary part...but they warned me, so that's good.)

Step two: wipe down furniture with Minwax Mahogany stain using a soft cloth. Wipe over any streaks and let dry in the sun.

Now for the dresser...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Evelyn & Floyd said...

GO GIRL GO. Amazing!!

Rachel said...

This is gonna be amazing! It is so fun to put our hard work and our hearts into projects for our children. Way to go!

Marijke said...

I particularly like how you're using that great camera - the kids' shots and all. You GO!

Kendra said...

It's looking great, Erika! I'll happily take any extra pieces off your hands...AFTER you finish them, of course.~~