Saturday, August 08, 2009

Newest project...


Just found these on Craig's List for C-low's room. I'm pretty excited about them--can you tell? I'm actually blogging. :) I have some work to do on the headboard/footboard of the twin beds, but I think it'll be worth it. The entire set came with a dresser, vanity (with mirror--also broken) and two twin sleigh beds. They are mahogany and from the 1930s--just what I would have wanted for her bedroom. I'll post some "after" shots once I get it all set up!


this is some of the worst of it--the previous owner's kids went to town on the finish with something. The scratches aren't deep--they just scraped the finish off. I talked to a man at the antique store today and he gave me some pointers on how to make it look better without doing a total refinish on it. We'll see how I do!




Headboard--on it's side--in much better shape than the foot board, but the reverse side does need some help. :(

2 comments:

BKicklighter said...

LOVE IT. Was just on my way to Craigslist too. KB's big bed is just around the corner. . . I don't know why I feel a rush. I should relax and let her stay little . . . I just want to paint somehting.

Drew and Suzy said...

What a fun project to do for your sweet little girl! :)