Thursday, April 17, 2008

When Daddy's Away...





What a week!
Mom, Dad, and Bryan all left me on Monday.
Here is what has happened this week:
  • Hair appointment (baby Caroline came with me). Very relaxing for the Momma.
  • Playdate with friends in their newly-dirt-filled backyard. This was fun for all involved. The boys dug in the dirt, the Mommies chatted and the girls sat in the swings.
  • Weaned the big girl. (WHOO-HOO!!!!!) "Missy Prissy" finally took a bottle last week and began sleeping consistently through the night. (I could blog an entire post on her sleeping habits, but I'll spare you. If you want the dirt, Becky, call me. She has NOT been textbook like my first child.) D-struction has taken to calling her "Missy Prissy". It cracks me up every time I hear it.
  • Brutal virus strikes G-Money and he wakes up with puke in his bed.
  • Pukes again this morning. (but, D-struction claimed it as his own. In his words, "Mommy, I'm sick. I spilled." as he points to G's puke on the floor.)
  • G-Money runs a fever of 99-102 all day long WITH Tylenol and Motrin in his system every 3 hours.
  • It snowed about 5 inches last night. It is April 17 and we have snow on the ground. And, I'm excited about it because it is moisture for my flowers and for the grass!! Things will be greener tomorrow because of it! :) Hooray!!

Bryan comes home tomorrow for a few hours and then leaves again for the Session retreat.

But, you know what? I'm really doing ok. I know God is sustaining me and giving me what I need right now. I've had good times with friends and I know my husband is getting away and being refreshed with other godly men. Praise God for that!

3 comments:

BKicklighter said...

YOU are a good woman.
Funny, KB finally ate cereal yesterday. She has been far from text book too. Maybe it's a third thing.

When is the best time to call??

Marcie said...

Wow! The Lord *is* sustaining you. Thanks for sharing!

Drew and Suzy said...

Glad to hear things are going well! :) (aside from G Money waking up sick and puking...that's definitely crummy) Let me know if you need an extra set of hands for anything during Bryan's next little trip! :)