Friday, May 12, 2006

Living it up with the family

Well, T and S moved in last weekend...so we are at a week of living together. They are downstairs in our newly remodeled guest suite and I guess they are feeling like they have their own little space. Although, it's not very private. We warned them that we can hear everything that is said in a normal voice through the bathroom vents. SO, they are pretty much restricted to whispering if they want to say anything private or anything about us. I'll let you know if they slip up and say something juicy.

There are benefits to having your sister and her hubby living with you. For example, this morning I came down after my shower to find the dishwasher UNLOADED. That may not seem like such a big deal, but it made my morning. I hate unloading the dishwashwer. (Every morning, over and over...) What a nice treat!

Another benefit--great babysitting. Earlier this week I got to go out for about an hour during naptime. That usually only happens when my hubby is off work. That was really fun for me! THEN, they watched the kiddos again on Thursday night while we headed to our favorite place to eat. We came home to a dark house and EVERYONE asleep.

Other benefits?
A new chair in our living room from their house. Now we can all sit down comfortably.
Someone to make me do situps every night. Uggggh.
S gives great sisterly back rubs
They help clean up!! Dishes, vaccuming, etc.

Oh, I could go on and on...we might not let them leave.


I just found out today that the house behind us is going on the market in a few months. Too bad they didn't wait on that house project of theirs. It would be so fun to have them as backyard neighbors. The cousins would have so much fun!

3 comments:

Evelyn & Floyd said...

You are too kind. We are doing little things compared to your great generosity in allowing us to shack up with you! We sure are enjoying benefits too. You certainly did a lot more cooking than I did this week, and I got to come home from work to a meal! Wow! Skeeter and I are very grateful! The great sleep over of 2006 will be a fond memory for many years, regardless of juicy comments! :) Love, S

erika said...

Oh yes, you are so RIGHT!!! I am SO thankful for my dishwasher, especially after not having one for those sweet years there. It's amazing how quickly we forget. :) I'll think of you next time I unload, girl.

Evelyn & Floyd said...

I love it!!!

oh i wonder what kind of comments M & K have about the Eastern contengient's great sleep over of 2006... Mom did quite sweetly say (On Mother's Day), "Well, you two are going to need to be out of my hair by Memorial Day so that i can get ready for E & B & G & D..." Oh well, all good things must come to an end! Check out more than a baker's dozen for 201 Bradley Updates!

dan