Wednesday, September 09, 2009

just about done...

headboard
The final coat of this project was Tung Oil (Formby's Low Gloss is what I used--from Lowes). You can tell the difference in the second shot--the foot board on the left is only Minwax. The one on the right has about 5 or 6 coats of the tung oil--it is a wipe on varnish that leaves the furniture super shiny and very well protected. :) I finally got the shine I wanted! Its a little tricky to use...it streaks some, but I think I got it pretty streak free! :)

Next up...pictures of it in her room. Just have to move some stuff around. :)

Hooray!! It only took me a month or more...but, it's done!!

3 comments:

Marijke said...

It's going to be fabulous! Can I sleep in there with her?

E Lewis said...

That looks so good! Way to go!

Janetmichelle said...

I'm so inspired to try a project of my own! It looks great!!