Saturday, February 03, 2007

This week...the unexpected guest



I posted on the Baker family site that we were hit with the stomach bug this week. Hubby and I were sick on Monday (isn't it against some law of nature for BOTH parents to have the stomach bug on the same day? Especially when there are no grandparents in town...) and he wasn't fully better until Thursday. Mine seemed to just last for 24 hours, and thankfully, that's what got passed on to the boys.

G Money woke up on Thursday morning and I went into his room and said, "Oh, HOney, what happened?" He said, "Look Mommy, I puked in my bed!"
"G, you need to tell me when this happens next time." I said, wondering how long the puke had been there.
He said, "I was just telling Yellow Bear about it."

Great.

I thought it was all over with until I woke up this morning to the smell of vomit in my house. (YES, the ENTIRE house smelled.) I found HEavy D smiling in his bed SURROUNDED by the stuff. It was awful---he won the award for the smelliest and the largest quantity.

Sigh.

Dog joined Yellow Bear in the wash. They both needed it, I'm sure.

6 comments:

Amy Ross said...

We feel your pain...we had a horrible stomach bug right before Christmas and we ALL got it! Chris and I were sick at the same time too. It was miserable! Bennett actually ended up in the hospital from dehydration. I am sorry that you had to deal with all that too (while being pregnant!) I am thankful you are over it!

Evelyn & Floyd said...

Leave it to Heavy-D to make the biggest impression with his vomit. -S

jaywalker said...

urgh. i am so glad that we have for the most part escaped rotovirus woes. i'm sure it's coming though. i wish they could vaccinate us.

Sarah R. said...

oh man. hope you all are feeling better. while jeremiah does seem to have a lot of runny nose issues we have so far escaped the stomach bug. except that i have had horrible morning sickness (all day) with this pregnancy for the last 5 weeks. i guess i can be thanful that i haven't had to clean up any one elses throw up other than my own. hee hee

Bethany said...

I am so sorry. We have been there so many times with Emma Caroline. EC was even hospitalized for dehydration and another time we took her to the ER but thankfully she was OK. This is the one time that I am glad you are far far away. Love ya (:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... I am glad that you all are better so that I can post that it was hilarious that G. consulted with Yellow Bear about his most unfortunate situation. That is the cutest!!!!