Sunday, January 07, 2007

First Haircut

We have a dear family friend who brought us a Christmas tree this year. Mrs. Donna was replacing her artificial tree with a newer model, so she passed it on to us. I never thought I'd have an artificial tree (I had a bad experience with one as a child) but let me tell you that it was really nice. It went up so quickly without any maritial stife and came down just as easily.

Before Mrs. Donna arrived I thought I might take Daniel to get a haircut. Daniel was in DESPERATE need of a haircut--his mullet was out of control. I had been putting it off because I really wanted someone special to give him his first haircut. (Aunt S offered, but I was a little hesitant. She hasn't been trained to cut hair.) So, I was just going to bite the bullet and go to Kiddie Kutters and get it cut. I strapped the boys in the stroller and we started walking. Well, about 1/2 way there I thought, I wonder what time Donna's study at church is over. I called the church and she was already finished, so we turned around to go home and wait. I resigned myself to the mullet for another day.

(Heavy D's mullet)

So, Mrs. Donna arrived and we started putting up the tree. As we were stringing lights, she was telling me her life story and casually said, "I was working and doing pretty well for myself before I got married." I said, "Donna, what did you do?" She said, "I was a hairdresser."

I about fell over. Isn't God good to give us someone we love to do this? It was such a sweet little gift for all of us. Mrs. Donna was THRILLED and so was I. Heavy D looks like such a big boy now!!




I'm Mullet-Free!!


The clencher of the whole day was G Money taking an extra pair of scissors off the counter and cutting HIS hair. Fortunately, it was in a place that was not noticable. I just had to laugh...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a sweet story and I love that you have pictures of it. BTW- did I already tell you today that "You are soooo pretty!!"

erika said...

you are CRAZY and you make me laugh. i'm thankful for you, girl.

Stacy said...

LOVE THE CUT...I am a big fan of the mullet free haircut...I love heavy ds expression in the last picture...he is WILD AND CRAZY! I know the likes of that oh so well!
Fun!
stacy

jaywalker said...

i want to grow austin's hair out long on top because his wavy curls are so beautiful, but i don't know how to do it without the bottom looking awful. plus, we're in germany, and all i know about haircutting places is on base... and you can imagine they are not into long. also, mike wants it short... this from the guy who had long shaggy unwashed curls in college.

erika said...

i remember that hair of Mike's...
you can keep the top long and not have the "party in the back" look--he does have great hair, the cutie pie.