Friday, September 29, 2006

The Race


We are looking good in this picture because we just finished running the Broadneck 5K! My very first race ever and it was so fun to be able to do it in MD with Dacy. We were slow, but we never walked AND we finished with lots of people still behind us. I'm glad I can say I ran my first race BEFORE I turned 30!
So, for those of you who are wondering, "Is this really my friend Erika?" let me assure you that it is me. Hubby and I started this running program back in May (see it here) and I actually enjoy running now! NEVER EVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THAT. Hey, if I can do it--ya'll can too! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read your post on my blog! Fun to catch up on you all through this; the boys are big, and one's dancing already.

I had a moment of thinking of you all when i was in Kansas City at a conference that was right down where Slowmo_d_o graduated a long time ago.

I do have Jer's cell phone. It's silly; they just moved so I still have to get all there other info.

Do you know they have a little one coming to join their family in January? Samantha Lee.

Evelyn & Floyd said...

Boone, you and stacy are looking fit and fabulous in this picture. You look like you have tons of energy and I'm so proud of you for sticking with the running thing even when it really sucked in the beginning! I love you-- hot, skinny, 30-yr old mamma! -Shinny

jaywalker said...

you make me feel very, very lazy as i have wasted the first 31 years of my life with NOT running marathons. and i have no plans to start running marathons.

Sarah R. said...

wow! what an accomplishment! i must confess that running is not my thing, but is it ok to like to walk? :-) maybe i will just use you as my inspiration to do any exercise in general....

Anonymous said...

What a super great way to pass into the next decade and you are passing superbly!! I'll give you an A+++!!

Evelyn & Floyd said...

You're right - if YOU can do it, so can others, Boone! Of course, I've heard a lot about 'Boomeritis' lately - the illnesses that us next generation get because we start doing things we think we still can! So, for now, maybe I'LL stick to walking. (Although I do love to line dance at weddings!) Love you - your MOM