Saturday, June 07, 2008

Cousin Mania

I'm feeling a bit shell-shocked here. I had no idea how much work this would be.
People said, "You are nuts." I said, "Oh, it'll be fun!!" (Perpetual optimist.)
It is fun!
I am nuts!!

Here is the run-down of the week so far:
4 sisters
8 kids under the age of 4
7 in diapers
2 nursing
5 highchairs in my eating area
2 baby pools in the back yard
1 home project in the works...we decided to tear apart my kitchen and paint the cabinets while the sistas are in town. Yeah. (I have to say that Evelyn is the QUEEN Project Manager for this. She has done this before and knows exactly how to tell us what to do. We need a good boss since the house is not quiet until after 9 pm and that is when we start painting. We are so bleary-eyed, I'm not sure how it is going to look, but I'll post some pictures later.)

We are having a great time being together. Next time we are planning a sister week without children. :)

Big Boy cousins...
These two are sweet friends. They are 2 weeks apart. We've caught them holding hands and snuggling together. I think Sweet C is so glad to have another girl in the house. :)
The Queen. Good-bye yucky brown cabinets!!

Bedtime. I think you can see 5 heads in this shot.

I'll get pics of #7 and #8 in the next post.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

How precious! What a blessing!

Blythe Owen Hunt said...

oh my word! that must have been crazy but totally fun! and if your nieces and nephews are half as sweet as your own babies, I'm sure it was a delightful time. :)