Friday, March 23, 2007

Excitement in the Neighborhood

When I stepped outside this afternoon, I thought I smelled someone burning leaves. Being the sister-in-law of a firefighter, I thought that was unusual and possibly even illegal here in our town. I called Hubby on the phone and asked if he had seen anything unusual on his way out of the neighborhood, and he said, "No, but there are a bunch of firetrucks coming this way." I told him I thought they'd be heading to our neighborhood, and I was right. We could see the flames and smoke from our driveway moments later. A house 2 streets over was burning, and our very own Uncle Todd was able to be there. G money and Hubby walked up a little while later to check things out. It was definitely the highlight of their day!

2 comments:

Marijke said...

Garrison, I sure wish I could have been there with you. Love, Oma

Evelyn & Floyd said...

Wow G-money... hanging out with Uncle Todd and the firefighters at a REAL fire? You sure are grown up. And looking an awful lot like your mommy in that picture!